Your emergency kit will do you no good if you do not admit that you may actually need to use it. Being ready means admitting that, “yes, it could happen here.” With all that has happened in Colorado during the past few years there should be no doubt that the ‘big fire’ could happen here. The “big one” has happened here. We need to have a mindset that accepts this reality, only then will we be ready to get set and go.
- #COFire 101 Tip: Accept the be ready mindset. It is not enough to simply prepare.
- We must accept that we are preparing for the fire event that has happened and will happen again. If you have any doubt about this check out the GEOMAC.gov map. Click into the map viewer and turn on the layers showing previous fires.
- If you live in the Wildland-Urban Interface being prepared is all the more important. Learn more about the "WUI" and your risk at http://csfs.colostate.edu/colorados-wildland-urban-interface/
- #COFire 101 Tip: Know what it means to Ready, Set, Go!
- This national program shares just about everything you need to know to get you into the right “be ready” mindset: http://www.wildlandfirersg.org/
The powerful wildfires of the past emphasize how important it is that we are ready for the 2015 #COFire season. Over the next two...